AWARE - Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification?
This course will introduce you to the most common fish families and
species found in temperate and tropical waters. You'll also learn basic
Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification and scientific survey techniques as well as how
important personal involvement is in aquatic conservation.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or
qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
During your AWARE - Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification Diver Specialty course, you'll
practice basic Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification techniques then collect Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification
data for submission to the REEF Fish Survey Project (if appropriate).
The course includes all the background you'll need to identify fish
in your area, including:
- Information on Project AWARE and aquatic protection worldwide
- Characteristics of local fish families and species
- Fish survey techniques and strategies
- Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification dive planning, organization and procedures
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: two dives over one day
Where can I go from here?
The AWARE - Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification Adventure Dive from the Adventures
In Diving program credits toward this specialty at the discretion of
the instructor and this specialty certification counts as one of the
five Specialty course certifications for the PADI Master Scuba Diver
For more information on how you can hone your Marine Life Marine Biology Fish Identification skills,
Contact PADI Master Instructor Monte Lee Thornton or sign up online Today.